Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Butte and St. Libory designers showcase collections on Omaha Fashion Week runway - NTV

Omaha Fashion Week is the fifth largest fashion event in the nation and NTV's Jessica Stevenson was front row this weekend.

After Butte designer Kelsey Sextro sat at her first Omaha Fashion Week show, she knew this is what she wanted to do, and over the weekend she debuted her six piece collection on the runway.

Seeing her KLYNNE collection on the runway, Sextro said it's hard to pick a favorite.

"I like the other tulle mermaid dress, that was probably my favorite," said Sextro. "I put a lot of work into the black one. The amount of tulle in both of them probably around 100 yards."

Sextro got her OFW start last year during the UNL Student Showcase, but Marie Nelson of St. Libory skipped the schooling, instead learning from family.

"I started when I was eight years old," said Nelson. "My grandma taught me the basics and so when I turned 12 I was like, 'I got this, I don't need any more help,' and so from then on I was just self taught."

This was Nelson's second time on the Omaha runway, the first 6 years ago.

"Just to see how this has evolved and how well organized and how they're wanting designers to show their work has been awesome, I'm glad to be a part of it," said Nelson.

This year, the designer and seamstress said her 12 piece collection is inspired by nature.

"I found this awesome piece of fabric that incorporated the colors I wanted to see, kind of the pattern of the grand canyon, so I was able to embellish that with some gold sequins, some really flowey chiffon's," said Nelson.

She tied it all together with hand painted pieces.

"I did two different kinds of painting, just with a regular fabric pant and then the other was dying with a fabric paint and so that was kind of an experiment in itself," said Nelson.

At the end of the show, both of small town designers said the weeks of work was worth it.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

http://nebraska.tv/features/good-morning-nebraska/butte-and-st-libory-designers-showcase-collections-on-omaha-fashion-week-runway

No comments:

Post a Comment