Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

Troye Sivan was 'really scared of fashion for a really long time' - Page Six

Troye Sivan is only just starting to “Bloom.”

Whether it’s showing up at the Met Gala in a sheer top and bright red tux or donning a Valentino cape at the NGV Gala, the 23-year-old “Dance To This” singer presents himself as a fearless fashion force on the red carpet — but that wasn’t always the case.

“I was really scared of fashion for a really long time,” the musician confessed in an interview with W magazine published Monday. “I didn’t really grow up feeling like a cool kid so I never gave myself the right to dress the way that I wanted to dress.”

Continued the “Boy Erased” actor: “It’s been a journey to try and push myself, and realize that I really do love fashion. It feels creative like anything else creative I would do. I really enjoy it.”

Sivan’s style has clearly come a long way since the start of his career, as he told the magazine that his first red carpet outfit was “a gray suit that was really soft and plushy.”

“It was not super cute in hindsight,” he admitted.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/28/troye-sivan-was-really-scared-of-fashion-for-a-really-long-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment