Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Listen to Sita Abellán’s Paris Fashion Week Men’s Playlist - Vogue

At the ripe old age of 25, Sita Abellán is already a Fashion Week pro. She’s walked runways for brands like Fausto Puglisi and Desigual, she’s a hard-to-miss front row fixture, and she’s even designed her own garments, including a bespoke Fendi bag and a capsule collection with Polish label Misbhv, the latter of which she shared by appointment at Paris Fashion Week a few seasons ago.

Given this boundary-hopping range, Abellán’s recent Paris Fashion Week Men’s experience was understandably jam-packed. She attended shows like Off-White, Louis Vuitton, and Dior, but she wasn’t just a spectator. Abellán also performed an improvisational back-to-back set with Venus X at the Misbhv after-party. Each step of the way, she took note of one musical highlight from each show: Marie Davidson of Essaie Pas’s “Work It” at Off-White and the edit of Daft Punk’s “Musique” and Capricorn’s “20Hz” that Honey Dijon made specifically for Kim Jones’s Dior, to name a few. Here, get a sense both for Abellán’s bold outfits (she started off the week in a neon-green snakeskin print and deejayed in a babushka) and her keen ear.

Wednesday, January 16: Off-White

Sita Abellán at Paris Fashion Week Men's before the Off-White show.

Photo: Maria Faroni

Marie Davidson, “Work It

“We started Fashion Week at the Off-White showcase. The show was a lot of work, so I chose the song ‘Work it’ by Marie Davidson as my personal soundtrack to this event. I love this song and it gave me the right energy to kick off the big week ahead. Fun fact: The first time I listened to the song I thought wrongly that it said in the refrain ‘Work! Work to be a woman!’ . . . Well I like the irony and the strength of those lyrics. For me, they speak about personal empowerment.

I took some pictures in my Off-White snake outfit just before the show.”

Thursday, January 17: Louis Vuitton

Sita Abellán at Paris Fashion Week Men's before the Louis Vuitton show.

Photo: Maria Faroni

Michael Jackson, “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’

Virgil Abloh’s show was amazing. He revisited the legacy of Michael Jackson in a graffitied streets-of-New York set piece. The show featured Blood Orange with Ian Isiah on vocals performing an amazing rendition of ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ ’ by the King of Pop, so I couldn’t think of a more iconic song to be the soundtrack to my evening.”

Friday, January 18: Dior Homme

Dior Homme

Daft Punk, “Musique” and Capricorn, “20Hz

“I loved the Dior show so much. The models were shown on super long conveyor belt, which was unlike anything I’d seen before. Honey Dijon played some amazing tracks at the event, but these two really resonated with the crowd.”

Saturday January 19: Misbhv and Sita DJ set at the Misbhv After-Party:

Sita Abellán and Venus X going back to back at the MISBHV after party.

Photo: Maria Faroni

The Martinez Brothers, Jerome Sydenham, and Mathew Jonson feat. Filsonik, “No Pop

“Fashion Week was almost over—on Saturday, Tom Wirski and Natalia Maczek’s Misbhv brand show was amazing! I deejayed with my dear friend Venus X at their after-party, and we improvised an eclectic B2B, mixing techno with reggaeton. It was an amazing combination in the end! I love Venus, and I love this freedom of expression that comes from mixing different genres. We do what we want, we don’t care!”

Sunday, January 20: Alyx

Sita Abellán on her way to Alyx during Paris Fashion Week Men's Fall 2019.

Photo: Maria Faroni

WZRD, “No Pop

“I loved Matthew Williams’s show, and I was so happy to wear his new collection. The show closed with a beautiful guitar and voice track from WZRD (Kid Cudi and Dot Da Genius) called ‘Efflictim.’ It was the perfect end to an incredible Fashion Week.”

Let's block ads! (Why?)

https://www.vogue.com/article/sita-abellan-model-dj-instagram-paris-fashion-week-mens-playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment